Saturday, April 16, 2016

Change.

I haven't written for a few months (at some point, I will address that hiatus from reality, but this is not the time), but this morning I felt compelled to share. My soul is turbulent - picture an angry sea, dark and violent with heaving crests and great crashing waves. My mind is pulsing with electrical energy. My body tingling with restlessness. I need change.

All was well. . .and by "well", I mean that life was cruising along at a comfortable speed. I was happy and enjoying the day to day challenges and delights of life. I love my life - my little house, my amazing kid, my eclectic group of friends. I have a stable job and a nearly paid off, reliable car. My phone beeps throughout the day with notifications of texts and messages from a wide variety of people. I am healthy. I am happy. I am loved.

And then. . .a moment, an interaction, a bolt of lightning. . .and everything changes. That sudden bolt of lightning illuminated the world for a fraction of a second. . .and I realized that there is more, so much more.

This is my one life, my one collection of moments, my one opportunity to exist. I am more than this.

I still love my life. I am still happy. But I feel awake, alive in a way that I haven't for a long time. I feel determined and energized. I feel hungry and eager. I feel excited and focused.

I can have this life and I can still have the world.

I know this is all very vague, and I am not trying to be mysterious or evasive. I am sharing this awakening with the hope that in time the changes will be apparent - both the subtle and the shocking.

Never underestimate me.


No comments:

Post a Comment